Hi! I'm Angela, and I'm The Girl Who Went Paleo. I started this blog to keep myself motivated to eat the right things and work out in order to feel well (and not to look 'good' for others.) Be encouraged, join in on the topics, share some recipes. Sit back and relax and let me tell you about my paleo experience!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Time for Another Whole30

Time for Another Whole30
 
This past October, my diet was pretty terrible. And by terrible, I mean I ate wheat, dairy, lots of grains and sugar. When I was eating it, I didn't think too much about it but when I really looked at the whole month, I ate way too much bad stuff. I think this was the first time since January that I let it get out of control. I don't know why it happened this particular month, but it did. October is over and I have a new mindset.
 
Determination.
 
As I begin this journey for the second time this year, I will be monitoring my daily consumption of food and liquid and see how I feel at the end of each day and in the morning when I wake up. If you'd like to start on a great health journey, start it with me today! Check out Whole 9's web page to get started on a Whole30.
 
I'm going to share with you some very helpful information, some gross information and some recipes. Let me know if you have a recipe you'd like to share so I can test it out! It has to be grain free, sugar free, dairy free, processed free.
 
This morning for breakfast I had two scrambled eggs, two pieces of bacon and a smoothie that you can find here at my other blog. For lunch, I had taco meat (recipe coming soon), a large salad of romaine lettuce and some tangy salad dressing (recipe coming soon), an apple and some garlic toasted pecans which you can find here at my other blog. I also had an apple pie lara bar because I was pretty hungry before church (thank you time change for screwing up my meal time!), half a cup of coffee (the other half is in the fridge for iced coffee tomorrow) and 12 ounces of water.

I have to drink 70-80 a day to be where I want to be with that quota so I have a lot of work to do today.

My gut is pretty normal right now but I do have some itchy rashes, which I thought for the longest time was eczema, but not I believe it's a side effect of eating wheat. (I've diagnosed myself with celiac.. I've yet to get that medically confirmed). I also have acne on my back and shoulder but I think it's from sleeping in a sports bra so I'm doing my own research with that lovely eyesore, meaning no sports bras unless I'm working out. The acne on my face has cleared up thanks to washing my face with castor oil and olive oil (crazy, right?). My body goal this time is to replace the fat I have with healthy muscle and gain weight. When I work out hard and eat right, I can gain some pretty good looking muscle so I'm hoping it works out this way for me.

As for emotional/mental, I don't have too many up's and down's but I hope to have a lot more energy than I do right now. As I'm typing, all I can think about it finishing up and going to bed for a quick afternoon nap.

And for being in the gym, or working out at my home gym, I plan on 3-4 days per week with no slacking. I'm trying to better myself so why be a slacker?


I hope you join in and keep me posted on your goals. Happy Sunday!

~Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment