Hi! I'm Angela, and I'm The Girl Who Went Paleo. I started this blog to keep myself motivated to eat the right things and work out in order to feel well (and not to look 'good' for others.) Be encouraged, join in on the topics, share some recipes. Sit back and relax and let me tell you about my paleo experience!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Eating Well and Exercising

Eating Well and Exercising
 
My crossfit box is having a push-up challenge for the ladies. Right now, everyone involved is supposed to do 35 push-ups daily for 14 days. I took this challenge on because I've been a complete slacker when it comes to working out. I could rattle off the excuses but do you really care? Nah, neither do I. I decided to do this challenge because it's easy, it only take a few minutes of my time during the day, and it just may help to get me back on the WOD track I belong on.

We have been doing this challenge for 5 days now and it's truly amazing. It was really hard at first and now it's getting easier. I think at the end of it I'll be back to doing the male version push-ups instead of the girlie ones on my knees.

I started off with 7 at a time. Five rounds of seven isn't too hard, is it? Well, the first day it was. The second day I did 7, 14, 14 and was impressed.. the days have continued on progressing quicker and more push-ups at a time before I had to rest.
 
Yesterday I did a 100 count program to get my body ready to look its best again. I did the following:
100 legs - 20 air squats, 20 weighted squats with 25#, 20 deadlifts with 25#, 20 lunges on my right leg and 20 lunges on my left leg.
100 abs - I did the majority of sit-ups straight ahead, some were to the left side and some were to the right side and some I did the scissor crunch.. uhh, you may have to google it :)
100 push-ups - those just sucked. I felt at times that I was kipping .. who kips doing pull-ups? haha ME!
 
Before bed, I did a lot of stretching for my entire body and I felt wonderful when I hopped in bed.

This morning I woke up and drank 1/2 lemon of a lemon, juiced (fresh squeezed) in 20oz. ice water before breakfast. My stomach cannot handle fruit juice hardly ever so I was suprised that I had zero discomfort drinking this. Lemon juice really helps to flush the liver and is just a great cleanse.
 
 
I feel great, I look better than the day before and am proud I got off my butt and worked it out. If you only have a few minutes a day to do a workout, at least it's better than nothing. If you're microwaving something and waiting on it, see how many squats you can do in a minute. See how many push-ups you can do in a minute.. give yourself fun quick bursts of exercise and keep it simple.
 
Ever heard the saying, "If it's important, you'll make it a priority"? Well, I've written that down on my to-do list that hangs on my refrigerator so I see it constantly as a reminder to get up and move!
 
I hope you're encouraged to move more and eat healthier.

One more thing.. there's a free book right now on Amazon. Just click here and it'll take you to the book. It may enlighten the ones that are new to the paleo lifestyle! Hopefully by the time you read this post, it'll still be free for you.
 
Have a super day!

~Angela

 


1 comment:

  1. Nice blog lady! I downloaded a copy of the book and several other paleo books that i found through kindle :)

    ReplyDelete