Hi! I'm Angela, and I'm The Girl Who Went Paleo. I started this blog to keep myself motivated to eat the right things and work out in order to feel well (and not to look 'good' for others.) Be encouraged, join in on the topics, share some recipes. Sit back and relax and let me tell you about my paleo experience!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Delicious Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

Delicious Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
 
 
When you go paleo, you have to give up a lot of normal foods and desserts. A lot of the recipes we make may not taste as great as we'd like, but it's a treat so we'll take it regardless. Fortunately, I've been following a website for a while now and decided I'd try one of her recipes since the reviews have been pretty good. Check out the recipe for Against All Grain: Chocolate Chip Cookies.

My review is this:
I used ghee instead of palm shortening because I don't have it on hand. I also used dark chocolate chips because that's what I like. You can use whatever you have on hand and make this recipe your own. You can add pecans, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, cashews for an added crunch and/or leave out the chocolate chips and add some dried fruit like chopped dates, raisins, or cranberries. The base of the cookie is good on it's own so if you wanted to leave it plain, go for it. Drizzle on some melted chocolate and dip in crushed nuts? Heck ya!

These are the ingredients you'll need and make sure you check out her post on the recipe and photo. I'll be honest, her photo looks a heck of a lot better than mine.
 
Palm Shortening, I used Ghee
Palm Sugar
Honey
Salt
Egg
Vanilla
Almond Flour
Coconut Flour
Baking Soda
Chocolate

One other recommendation is to not flatten out the cookies if you use ghee. Mine spread a little too much.
 
Enjoy this pretty darn good treat!

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment